Located in the picturesque village of Cassis, only 30 minutes from Marseille, Domaine de Cassis is one of the largest and most prestigious properties in the area. The exceptional 600 sqm villa (6 500sqft) is nested on a private 150 acre (60ha) estate in the Calanques National Park and offers breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. The huge 500sqm terrace overlooks the turquoise waters of Arena beach, accessible in a few minutes on foot by a private path. Its four reception rooms overlooking the sea and its twelve bedrooms can comfortably accommodate twenty-four guests. The property has a large 13-meter heated swimming pool and a petanque ground.
Main house :
• ground floor bedroom - 21sqm (226sqft ) 1 king-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, garden view
• bedroom1 - 15sqm (162sqft ) 1 queen-size or 2 single beds, shower room shared with bedroom 2, sea view
• bedroom 2 - 17sqm (183sqft ) 1 queen-size or 2 single beds, shower room shared with bedroom 1, garden view
• bedroom 3 - 17sqm (183sqft ) 1 queen-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, sea view
• Suite 4 - 28sqm (300sqft ) 1 king-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, sea view
• bedroom 5 - 21sqm (226sqft ) 1 king-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, sea view
• bedroom 6 - 10sqm (+ sdb 7sqm) (183sqft ) 1 single or queen-size bed, private bathroom with bathtub, garden view
• bedroom 7 - 13sqm (140sqft ) 1 queen-size or 2 single beds, sea view, private bathroom nearby
• Master suite - 2nd - 60sqm (645sqft) - sea view 1 king-size bed, large private bathroom
House at the entrance of the Domain:
• bedroom 8 - 16sqm (172sqft) - ground floor 1 king-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, terrace
• bedroom 9 - 20sqm (215sqft) - ground floor 1 king-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, terrace
• suite 10 - 30sqm (323sqft) - 1st floor 1 king-size or 2 single beds, private shower room, kitchenette and large terrace with sea view. Please note that this suite is only available at certain periods for an extra fee.
It is possible to add in the main house 2 extra beds (one in the ground floor bedroom and one in the office on the 2nd floor) and to use 4 mattresses in the mezzanine room (thus a total of 30 guests sleeping in 24 different beds). We can help you rent other houses (5 to 7 bedrooms) located less than 15 minutes away on foot.
All prices include 6 hours of daily cleaning (house, garden and pool), except on Sundays, as well as breakfast set up and cleaning. Food and drinks are extra.
THE PRICE IS BASED ON OCCUPANCY OF 20 PEOPLE. SEE "EXTRA CHARGES" FOR ADDITTTIONAL GUESTS.
Albert Aicard, a famous lawyer from Marseille, built this large property in around 1870: Marthe-Adèle Gardair, one of his eleven children inherited it in 1903. From 1932 to 1957 it became the « Hôtel du Revestel », a guesthouse where Winston Churchill and Virginia Woolf used to stay during their holidays in the south of France. In 1949, the villa and the land were bought from the Gardair family by a famous couple of racing drivers, Gaston and Claire Descollas. In 1968, a family from Marseille tried unsuccessfully to transform it into a thalassotherapy complex, before their son moved in after a major renovation in the eighties. The property has been abandoned for more than thirty years... Bought in 2016 by a couple of digital entrepreneurs, this family house has been completely renovated to combine modernity, simplicity, comfort and technology. It borrows its new name from the majestic 399 meter high cliff that dominates it, the Cap Canaille, the second highest sea cliff in Europe.
Our staff will adapt to your needs and requirements to ensure you make the best of your vacation at the estate or to help you with the organization of your private events... For your meals and moments of relaxation, several areas are at your disposal: - A dining room with a large oak table for your indoor seated meals (20 guests) - A home cinema - A large cathedral lounge - Three terraces with lounge areas for your meals with family or friends (3 tables for 28 guests on the large south terrace) - An orangery of 80sqm (860sqft) with table tennis, table football, exer - cise bike, yoga mats and sports equipment. You also have access to: Wifi, Sonos audio system, video projector, DVD player, DVDs, inflatable buoys, masks, snorkeling equipment, sea shoes, swimming pool towels, petanque balls, children’s games, board games, books, tourist guides, hiking maps, piano...
Receive your guests in a fantastic location with a 180-degree view of the Mediterranean sea. Cocktail with music by the pool, prestigious dinner in front of the sea, dance party... You can receive up to 130 guests. Offer them a unique moment they will remember! The whole estate is at your disposal but you cannot receive your guests inside the house. In case of bad weather, you have to set up a marquee on the large terrace or in the main alley. A security guard will be present throughout the evening.
CATERING AND OTHER SERVICES:
Our staff will be present throughout your stay or event to answer all your needs. Included services • Daily cleaning (6 hours per day) • Delivery of fresh bread and pastries every morning and set up of your breakfast table
• Our concierge service for your reservations of activities, restaurants... Optional services
• We work with several chefs who propose different types of cuisine (Mediterranean, vegan, gastronomic, family style...) or formats (buffet, barbecue, 3-course served meal..).. They can also prepare a gourmet picnic for you to enjoy during a boat trip or a hike or bike ride.
• Deliveries of electric bikes and scooters