Just west of Bordeaux and tucked away in a serene cove off the French Atlantic Ocean, sits the beautiful and tranquil Villa Arcachon. It is a place where luxury accommodation meets exemplary service in an inspiring environment of land, sea and pine forest. This exclusive country estate offers eight refined bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms (four with original marble fireplaces), and includes a tower suite "La Tour" with 360 degrees floor-to-ceiling windows offering breathtaking sea and forest views. Other features include a cozy, club library with fireplace and an extensive international book selection, and a media/movie room with a 55 inch flat-screen TV and state of the art video system that can be converted in to a meeting room for seminars or confrences. For guests with restricted mobility, a specially built ramp offers access to the outdoor covered terrace, the dining room, as well as to a double bedroom, "La Verandah".
Outside are wide vistas over the front lawn extending as far as Cap Ferret and Arcachon. Unchallenged sea views and nightly sunsets are just a few of the perks available to guests of Villa Arcachon. A centuries old stone wall with gate, lined with Tamaris trees that have withstood the winds of times, separates the grounds from a direct stroll onto the beach at low tide, or a refreshing dip at high tide. The estate gardens are highlighted by an ecological lap pool fed by natural spring water, a petanque field, and outdoor table tennis.
The main villa is approx. 9700 sq. feet and consists of three levels.
Entrance with cloakroom and separate WC/powder room. Fully equipped gourmet kitchen (large center island, double ovens, stove, grill, deep fryer, microwave, American coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, chef utensils). Dining room and separate salon, both with open fireplace and floor-to-ceiling French doors, leading out on to the terrace with sea views. Cinema/seminar room with large screen Satellite TV with PC plug-in. Library with fireplace and an extensive collection of books and games. Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and verandah (wheelchair access).
Bureau/home office with printer, scanner, etc. Double bedroom (King bed/twins on request) with ensuite bathroom and private verandah. Double bedroom (King bed/twins on request) with ensuite bathroom. Master suite (king bed) with ensuite bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi, his/her dressing rooms, private terrace overlooking the sea and another private terrace overlooking the pool. Double bedroom (king bed) with ensuite bathroom. And a fifth double bedroom (king bed) with ensuite bathroom with bathtub/shower and 360 degree sea and forest views.
Lower ground floor (garden level):
An independent studio with private access from the garden and ground floor. It includes a small kitchenette (with small stove, sink, and mini fridge) and two double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. There is also a wine cellar where guests can buy wine, and a guest bathroom.
Included in the rental price: Daily French breakfast, welcome drink & cheese/local specialties, butler or waiter (high season only), Concierge service, daily cleaning (6 hours), tea/coffee/soft drinks, weekly change of linens, daily towel cleaning, Internet, Satellite TV, use of sports equipment (table tennis, boules, trampoline, volleyball, canoes, bicycles)
Available upon request at additional charge: Chef service, extra housekeeping, laundry, limousine, helicopter, body guard, massage, boat rental, babysitting
• The Arcachon Bay is a mecca for beach related tourism and has taken care to preserve its natural heritage as an integral part of the Landes de Gascogne Regional Nature Park. It is tidal by nature, with the daily withdrawal of the Atlantic Ocean ensuring the release of health-giving ions into the atmosphere from the depths of the sea bed and the replenishment of clean, fresh, invigorating waters.
• 126 km of beaches devoted to surfing, kite surfing, body boarding, sand-yachting and sea kayaking.
• Sheltered by the coastal dunes, three great lakes lying in un-spoilt natural settings make an ideal destination for families in search of safe bathing, water-sports enthusiasts, ramblers and anglers alike.
• The 600 km² Gironde Estuary is the largest in Europe and the best protected. Born of the confluence of the Garonne and the Dordogne, the Estuary has something of the Mississippi about it, stretching between islands and marshes and bordering Médoc’s renowned winegrowing estates and the vineyards of Blaye and Bourg.
• Its wines may have made Gironde famous, but its rivers and streams have also contributed much to its development. When Celtic people, the Biturigi Vivisci, settled on the banks of a meander of the Garonne in the 3rd century BC, a port grew up on the river, known as Burdigala – the present-day Bordeaux, UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2007.
• 4200 km of hiking trails, including 2300 km of marked-out routes, wind their way through vineyards and pine forests, and alongside the coast and the Estuary. Gironde has progressively become France’s number one cycle tourism destination.
• The Landes de Gascogne Regional Nature Park was created in 1970 and is part of the largest forest in Europe. It covers over 315,000 hectares (over 1200 sq. miles) and can be explored on foot, by mountain bike, on horseback, or by canoe along the Leyre, a river that winds through the heart of the pine forest before flowing into the Arcachon Basin.
Bedroom 1 - King bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 2 - King bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 3 - King bed with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 4 - King bed with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 5 - King bed with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 6 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 7 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 8 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
King size bed: 180 cm, Queen size bed: 160 cm, Double bed: 140 cm, Twin bed: 80-100 cm
Full bathroom with tub (with wall mounted shower) - 1
Full bathroom with shower - 7
Half bath (WC) - 1
Price for Villa Arcachon
1 - Local tourist tax (if applicable):
5000 Euro to be held on credit card
View prices by seasons
Prices are per week and listed in US Dollars. Weekly Rental Saturday to Saturday.
Type - house/villa
Floors - 3
Last Remodeled - Recently
Constructed - 1903
Smoking - No
Children - Yes
Crib available - Yes
Jacuzzi - Yes
Pool - Yes 15m x 4m
Linens - Yes
Air conditioning - Yes
Heating - Yes
Fireplace - Yes
Alarm system - No
Deck - No
Garden - Yes
View - Yes
Garage - No
Stove - Yes
Oven - Yes
Barbecue - Yes
Refrigerator - Yes
Microwave - Yes
Dishwasher - Yes
Washer - Yes
Dryer - Yes
Phone - Yes
Television - Yes
Satellite - Yes
Cable - No
Video - Yes DVD
Stereo - Yes
Wi-fi internet - Yes
Staff - Yes
Caretaker - No
Cook - Yes
Cook fee - Inquire
Gardener - No
Maid - Yes
Maid fee - Inquire
Area - suburban
Car recommended - Yes
City - Bordeaux 65 km
Town - Lanton 3.5 km
Attractions - Beach - 50 meters
Airport - Bordeaux 44 km
Parking - on site
Walk to town - No
We would like to thank you for a fabulous few days here. Service is great!
Forrester Family, 2015.
The Villa is magnifique. Merci beaucoup pour un weekend très tranquille. It was a wonderful setting for a very special family occasion.
Pattrick Family, 2015
We had a great stay at the lovely and beautiful villa. Great and Friendly people that work here made our holiday even more complete. :) Thank you for a great two weeks!
Mr&Mrs S. Sweden. July 2014
luxe, calme et volupté “; those were the words by Pablo Picasso in the 1920’s. Now they are our words for this Villa in 2014.
Mr&Mrs T. Canada/Switzerland. July 2014
Life is filled with pleasant surprises and this charming venue is one of them! To all the staff members who worked so diligently to ensure our comforts and pleasures, we offer our heartfelt Canadian , thanks and the wish you will all stay well… much fondness.
Location : Lanton
The marker indicates the general area of the property.