Where do you want to go?
Large villa, Views, Pool, Near Orvieto, internet wi-fi, AC
Villa Baschi makes you feel welcome the minute you arrive. Set on a hilltop, with views over the surrounding vineyards and across the rolling green hills of Umbria, this lovely stone farmhouse offers the best of both worlds — a peaceful, rural setting that is just minutes from the marvelous hill town of Orvieto. (Access to the villa includes 1.3 km of unpaved road, so it is best if your rental car has a high under-carriage). Villa Baschi has been carefully restored to balance the integrity of traditional elements, such as chestnut-beamed ceilings, with modern comforts, including some air-conditioned bedrooms and a private pool. Sunny interiors are furnished with comfortable seating and an interesting collection of local antiques and eclectic artwork, some of which have been painted by the former artist-owner.
The kitchen is the true heart of any Italian home, and this villa's kitchen is exceptional. One of the former owners was editor in chief of Food & Wine magazine and loves to cook. She furnished her kitchen to delight anyone who cooks. Even if you never do more than make your morning coffee in this beautiful kitchen, the inspiring view from its windows makes something as mundane preparing your morning cappuccino, a delightful way to start your day.
Outdoors there are three separate terraces in addition to the pool area, so there is plenty of space to dine beneath the stars or to find a quiet corner to relax privately or curl up with a book. Bordered by large pots of flowers, each terrace offers a lovely view of the countryside. Flower gardens surround the house, and you are welcome to help yourself to the vegetable and herb garden; wild rosemary grows right by the front door. The swimming pool is set on its own terrace, with a pergola for relaxing or dining and chaises with awning covers. Large white umbrellas provide shade, and a fountain flows into an antique stone basin next to the pool.
The location is one of the best for exploring Tuscany and Lazio as well as Umbria. Excellent high-speed rail service can take you to Rome in less than an hour or Florence in two. The Orvieto station is just 15 minutes from the house and has ample free parking. You'll be delighted to find that Umbria is a hidden treasure, less well-known and with fewer tourists than neighboring Tuscany, with its own charming and interesting hill towns, great art, magnificent scenery — without the crowds.
Villa Baschi is comfortable in all seasons, also for Christmas holiday, because of its excellent heating, large fireplaces, and a famous jazz festival held in Orvieto at the end of December.
MAIN HOUSE: (sleeps 7) 450 sqm
GROUND FLOOR: (sleeps 3)
• Spacious living room with comfortable seating, original artwork, large country fireplace
• Dining room, opens onto tiled covered terrace
• Well equipped kitchen with large stove, marble-topped island, refrigerator, fireplace for grilling, and many small appliances
• Cozy library with fireplace and collection of books on art, history, architecture; SAT TV/DVD, sound system with large collection of classical music
• Studio with a large desk, phone, fax machine, printer. A cell phone is available for guests use. Wi-Fi internet connection available.
• 1 double room with divisible queen bed, ceiling fans and AC.
• 1 single bedroom
• 1 bathroom with shower
• Laundry room with washer.
• Guest bathroom with shower
• Terrace with pergola for al fresco dining
SECOND FLOOR: (sleeps 4)
• 1 double bedroom (master) with divisible queen bed, ceiling fans and AC; walk-in closet, ensuite bathroom with beautiful windows, large tub and separate shower; this bedroom opens onto private, furnished panoramic terrace
• 1 double bedroom with divisible queen bed ceiling fans and AC; en suite bathroom with shower over tub
The bedrooms are screened; there are ceiling fans and the three double bedrooms are air-conditioned, with individual controls for both air conditioning and heat.
A private outdoor staircase leads to a separate apartment on the second floor of the west wing of the house.
WEST WING APARTMENT: (sleeps 4) 100 sqm
• Living room with fireplace
• Kitchen/dining area. The kitchen corner is equipped with oven, fridge, gas range, washing machine
• 1 double bedroom with divisible queen bed and ceiling fans; en suite bathroom with shower/tub
• 1 double bedroom with divisible queen bed, ceiling fans; en suite bathroom with shower
**Prices listed are for the villa + apartment. For villa only, please inquire for pricing.
Distances: The closest village is Baschi at 6.5 km. Here you can find groceries shops, restaurants and bars.
• Orvieto 12km/20min • Orvieto Scalo 8km/13min
• Civita di Bagnoregio: 15Km/23min
• Pienza: 78km/60 min
• Montalcino: 96km/82min
• Perugia: 72km/45mi
• Siena: 112km/68mi
• Assisi: 86km/53
• Spoleto: 100km/62mi
• Gubbio: 102km/90min
• Todi: 32km/20mi
• Cortona: 93km/58mi
• Arezzo: 105km/65mi
Prices: Prices are per week and listed in US Dollars. Weekly Rental Saturday to Saturday.
Please enter your dates on the right to get an exact price.
1 - Heating: Upon usage/metered
2 - Deposit for heating: 250 Euro
1000 Euro upon arrival
Living, Library, Dining, Family Room, Kitchen, Terrace, Study,
Bedroom 1 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 2 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 3 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 4 - Queen bed (2 twins on request) with bathroom ensuite
Bedroom 5 - Queen bed (2 twins on request)
Bedroom 6 - Single bed
King size bed: 180 cm, Queen size bed: 160 cm, Double bed: 140 cm, Twin bed: 80-100 cm
Full bathroom with tub (with wall mounted shower) - 3
Full bathroom with shower - 2
Type - house/villa
Stove - Yes
Caretaker - Yes
Area - rural
Italian Villa Rentals |
Tuscany Villa Rentals |
Italian Lakes Villa Rentals
Florence Apartments for Rent | Amalfi Coast Villa Rentals | Rome Apartments for Rent
Sicily Villa Rentals | Umbria Villas | France Villas Rentals | Provence Villa Rentals
Paris Apartments | Rentals in the South of France | French Riviera Villa Rentals
Dordogne Villa Rentals | Villa Rentals in Greece | Villas in Crete
Villa Rentals on Mykonos | Barcelona Apartments Rentals | Villa Rentals in Sitges
Chateaux in the Loire
Price per week starting at $6,610
Air Conditioning ✔
Large villa, Views, Pool, Near Orvieto, internet wi-fi, AC